Real Estate Manager
About the Skilken|Gold Real Estate Manager
The Real Estate Manager is an integral member of the Skilken|Gold Real Estate Development Team working to meet the site selection needs of the growing number of Single and Multi-Tenant Development clients. Reporting to our Director of Real Estate, you will be accountable for building and gaining client trust and for site selection and site procurement for client(s) within assigned geographical areas. You will act as a site selection specialist for new retail development doing market evaluation, site location and deal negotiation on behalf of a variety of interesting clients.
Skilken|Gold has almost 100 years of success as a nationally recognized real estate developer. Don’t let that fool you into thinking we’re set in our ways—we think like entrepreneurs, listen to new ideas, and are moving forward to new challenges, projects—and successes. We value exceptional judgment, initiative, and witty banter! We work hard because we love what we’re doing but we also believe in life outside the office. At Skilken|Gold, we offer a respectful, fun environment, competitive salary and benefits package along with great co-workers and regular opportunities for socializing and giving back to the community. To learn more about us, please visit www.skilkengold.com.
What you will do…
Foster and Maintain Client Relationships:
- Act as a key point person for client relationships in specific markets;
- Work directly with clients to grow the Skilken|Gold client relationship;
- Develop positive business relationships with strategic partners including your Skilken|Gold team members, outside brokers, other developers, land owners and public agencies;
- Become the Skilken|Gold real estate resource and expert within your clients’ geographic areas;
- Identify land for SkilkenGold multi-tenant development initiatives.
Analyze and Execute Site Selection Strategy:
- Work with your Skilken|Gold team of colleagues to create overall market analysis and strategy
- for assigned clients;
- Ensure selection of optimal locations;
- Proactively reach out to land owners to identify land acquisition opportunities;
- Manage key internal and external relationships throughout the deal process;
- Identify all deal-specific issues; anticipate and proactively work through challenges in order to execute deals in a timely manner;
- Negotiate terms and conditions of land purchases or leases;
- Understand the development process (entitlement, zoning) and different types of real estate agreements.
Be a Key Development Team Member:
- Work with members of the Skilken|Gold team to analyze markets and incorporate all findings into the site selection process;
- Initiate project flow as it pertains to clients’ site selection process;
- Work with client’s real estate team throughout the site selection approval process to effectively present sites for the client’s Real Estate Committee (REC) consideration/approval.
- Work assigned schedule;
- Exhibit regular and predictable attendance;
- Attend Real Estate industry trade events;
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Commercial Real Estate Development or related field;
- Ability to travel- approximately 50%
- Demonstrated Commercial Real Estate experience in site identification and land development;
- Strong research skills;
- Knowledgeable of the retail industry and its trends;
- Real Estate License preferred;
- Ability to read and understand site plans;
- Ability to utilize database software such as salesforce.com;
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to remain calm while under pressure;
- Detail orientation, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate proactively;
- Ability and willingness to assume new responsibilities and progress within the Skilken|Gold organization.
If you think YOU’RE the ideal candidate, tell us what you have to offer. Send us a resume and salary requirements along with a cover letter detailing why you believe you are the right person for the position and why you think Skilken|Gold is the right place for you! Resumes and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.